Wednesday, November 20, 2019

PRODUCTION - website

Home Page

Home page

Television article
For my website I aimed to use the ew.com (Entertainment Weekly magazine) and empire.com (Empire magazine) as a template for a working website of an entertainment magazine. This is because I felt they reflected my target audience - young and fun-loving - most from research.

I used the bright colours yellow and pink as a colour scheme, which gives brand identity towards the latest issue of my magazine (Gossip Girl cover). These choices of colour were also made to connote positivity and energy which is highly promoted in the Hearst branding and strong characteristics of a young, fun-loving audience.

The pink mobile phone is used as an 'Easter Egg' for audiences. By finding these and clicking on them, the audience is brought to a page which gives them extra inside gossip and deals. The mobile phone icon is also intertextual with the texts and posts from the series Gossip Girl. This extra detail creates a sense of exclusivity to those who visit the website, making them potentially want to revisit the website again in the future. Here are some examples I currently have:



This is the Easter Egg which audiences need to find and click on to access:

No comments:

Post a Comment

FINAL PRODUCT - PRINT