Wednesday, September 25, 2019

PRODUCTION - first draft feedback

These are my magazine first drafts for the Gossip Girl cover:


yellow/beige 1
yellow/beige 2
pink/yellow 1
pink/yellow 2

pink/yellow 3
pink/yellow 4

I wanted feedback on their  preferred colour scheme and main pictures.

The pink and yellow colour scheme worked best from my feedback

The top left image had best representations - this was image 3

Even those who had not necessarily seen gossip girl, the coverlines helped to highlight this intertextuality.



I am now going to edit my chosen main image so that it stands out better as a front cover and rethink the choice of colours (mainly the purple) and text for the main 'XOXO' coverlid.


 
These are very rough outlines for my James bond cover, I wanted to see if the intertextuality was more apparent from my mies-en-scene and coverline:

The intertextuality of James Bond seemed to be apparent from the coverlid and mise-en-scene, however the font style has shown to be ineffective and needs to stand out more. Therefore, I am going to use a more iconic James Bond style font and see if the logo works for the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FINAL PRODUCT - PRINT