Monday, October 14, 2019

PRODUCTION - change in typography and intertextuality (cover 2)





Compared to magazine covers I had researched the main coverline on my initial first draft (left) was far too long and did not stand out against the background, thus could not catch the eye of the audience. Therefore, I sharpened the typography and made it all black as, in comparison, it is much more striking on the eye (especially in my final draft with the white top and dark brown hair of the model). 
I made sure to turn the saturation of the image up and made the pink in the heading darker in order to stand out more as well.
The puff was also moved to the right third of the cover so that it wasn't covering the model's face and to adhere to the conventions of a magazine cover more.
I used a Gossip Girl inspired font for the 'you know you'll love it XOXO' coverline because, along with the 'spotted-', this is an intertextual link towards the iconic television series whereby gossip girl always signs off the episode with 'you know you love me, XOXO Gossip Girl' and occasionally begins a text with 'spotted'. Thus, fans of the series will instantly recognise, and even those who have not watched the series may recognise, as seen from my audience feedback.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FINAL PRODUCT - PRINT